The author of the Maggie Hope Mystery series
writes about KBO, cocktails, code-breaking, and red lipstick.

Saturday, February 22, 2014

HIS MAJESTY'S HOPE nominated for Bruce Alexander Historical Mystery Award


I'm honored to say that HIS MAJESTY'S HOPE has been nominated for Left Coast Crime's Bruce Alexander Historical Mystery Award.

It's an honor to be in such fantastic company, especially fellow Jungle Red, Rhys Bowen.

A big thank you to readers/editors German 20th-century historian Ronald J. Granieri and Blitz-survivor and Berkeley professor Phyllis Brooks Schafer.

1 comment:

  1. Just read His Majesty's Hope. Wonderful sense of place/setting and a period dear to me for many reasons, not the least that I was born in 1940 and that my English son-in-law's cousin, Fred Winterbotham, worked at Bletchley Park (and I believe he wrote a book about his experiences). In fact, after 18th-century England -- the setting for my fiction and non-fiction books -- WWII in England is my next-favorite period. The possibilities for stories are excellent. (My son-in-law's two uncles were RAF pilots who trained in Homestead, Florida -- and came back for reunions every year.) I appreciated that in Chapter 24 of this book you had a scene in Postman's Park. I wrote about this sacred spot in a guest blog for Number One London: http://onelondonone.blogspot.com/2011/03/visit-to-postmans-park-by-guest-blogger.html I hope you have a chance to read it. Jo Manning, author of Seducing Mr Heywood, My Lady Scandalous, and other works.

    ReplyDelete